Choosing the Right Floor Cleaning Pad Colour & Size
What colour of Floor cleaning pad do I need?
Choosing the right colour of floor cleaning pad is important, get it wrong and you could potentially remove the finish from your flooring or even damage it.
The pads are graded by colour from white through to black, with each colour being tougher than the last.
The type of pad that you need will depend on the type of flooring that you have and your cleaning routine. The below table should be used only as a guide to choosing the correct type of floor pad.
Call our professional team on 01325 371 439 to discuss the perfect pad for your flooring.
Grades of Floor Pad
- Level 1 (White) This pad is very fine and designed for dry polishing of floors or light water spray polishing for a super high gloss.
- Level 2 (Tan) – This pad is used for high-speed polishing. (This should not be confused with Brown pads which are far coarser)
- Level 3 (Red) – This floor pad is slightly coarser than the white pad and designed for cleaning, and spray buffing will remove scuff marks due to its slightly coarser finish.
- Level 4 (Green) – This pad is getting fairly course, ideal for heavy-duty scrubbing and light stripping work.
- Level 5 (Black) – Heavy-duty coarse stripping pad, this is for wet stripping of floors removing old finishes. It is important to keep this pad on the move as its course nature will quickly damage floors if left in one spot for too long.